| E | F | |
| Turn away |
| C | |
| If you could get me a | drink |
| Em | A | |
| Of water 'cause my | lips are chapped and | faded |
| E | F | |
| Call my | Aunt Marie |
| C | |
| Help her gather all my | things |
| Em | |
| And bury me in | all my favorite colors |
| A | |
| My | sisters and my brothers still, |
| C | |
| I will not | kiss you |
| Am | F | G | |
| 'Cause the | hardest part of this | is leavin' y | ou |
| E | F | |
| Now | turn away |
| C | |
| 'Cause I'm awful just to | see |
| Em | A | |
| 'Cause all my hair's a | bandoned all my | body |
| E | F | |
| Oh my | agony |
| C | |
| Know that I will never | marry |
| Em | A | |
| Baby, I'm just | soggy from the | chemo |
| Em | A | |
| But | countin' down the days to | go |
| C | |
| It just ain't | livin' |
| Am | |
| And I just | hope you know |
| C | |
| That | if you say |
| Am | |
| Good | bye today |
| A | F | |
| I'd | ask you to be t | rue |
| C | Em | A | |
| 'Cause the | hardest part of | this is leavin' | you |
| C | Em | A | |
| 'Cause the | hardest part of | this is leavin' | you |

No comments:
Post a Comment